Getting the baby to enjoy bathtime has been a slow battle. At first, he would scream the entire time and I was convinced that someone was going to call the cops for abusing him. I tried a million different things before I found a bath routine that must be followed to the "T" in order to avoid tears.
Here's the song and dance:
1. Turn off the air conditioner to warm up the apartment
2. Let the shower run on hot water only to make the bathroom toasty
3. Sit the baby in his Papasan chair and turn on the music
4. Fill up the baby tub with very warm water (he will not go near luke warm water)
5. Undress the baby and place him in the tub while repeating "We like baths!"
6. I have to squat in the garden tub next to his baby tub (sitting on the edge or leaning over the edge of the tub won't due)
7. Make the most absurd facial expressions and talk to him with a high pitched voice
This is a picture of Dustin's bathrobe that has Tigger on its head. I propped up Tigger's face so the baby would be distracted and he was looking at it like "Stranger Danger!"
No comments:
Post a Comment